While most property owners do get HVAC maintenance during spring or summertime in San Antonio area, very few consider it necessary during winter. But if you want your air conditioner to continue performing right through the hot summer months, it’s important that you focus on getting some maintenance done even during winter.
We at Air Texas Air Conditioning & Heating have been operating in San Antonio area this space for over 20 years. We know from experience that scheduled maintenance during this time can help improve the working and energy-efficiency of the system significantly.
Winter Maintenance For Your HVAC Unit.
As mentioned earlier, spring tune up of the air conditioning system is important. But the maintenance you action during winter will considerably improve the functioning of the system through summertime as well. Here are a few things to focus on:
- Remove debris, sticks, and leaves that have accumulated around the refrigerant, compressor and outdoor unit. We provide excellent HVAC maintenance San Antonio services. When you hire us, our team works meticulously removes all the leaves and debris that have slipped through the grills.
- Clean the fins as well as the compressor coils with a special degreaser or even a regular garden hose. Fluff from trees, grass clippings, and pollen can easily accumulate and clog the areas between the fins, preventing the release of warm air. It’s never a good idea to use a pressure washer for this task because that will only damage the unit.
- If these fins have become bent due to a sudden impact or a weed whacker, our HVAC technicians in Converse, TX will use straighten them using a special comb-like tool. This reverses the damage that has been caused during wintertime and improves the efficiency of system.
- Thoroughly clean the exterior of the system using a non-abrasive cleaner or a solution of water and soap to keep your air-conditioning using looking squeaky clean and new. You can also go through your air conditioner manual as it would contain some additional recommendations.
- When our Universal City, TX HVAC maintenance crew handles these jobs, they get asked whether it’s necessary to keep the unit covered. But that isn’t really necessary because these units are specifically designed to endure the elements. But if you’re expecting inclement weather, you can consider covering the top of the unit for that period, to prevent damage to it.
- During early winter, remove all the seasonal weeds and vegetation or at least trim the latter. You can also prune the woody plantings and shrubs during wintertime or once they have flowered.
- It’s never a good idea to run the air conditioning unit of the outdoor temperatures are below 60°F. This is because the refrigerant inside the system condenses at low temperatures unless there is a heating element within the unit’s crankcase.
Contact the HVAC Maintenance Experts in Cibolo, Shertz, Universal City, Live Oak, Converse, Seguin, Garden Ridge, Selma, San Antonio and Shavano Park, Texas.
Ensure that you properly weatherize your HVAC units in Universal City as you prepare the heating system for the colder months. Replace the thermostat battery and the return air filter and test the carbon monoxide & smoke detectors. While all of these are very important tasks, it may not always be possible for you to handle them yourself.
The best way to ensure they get done safely, efficiently and without fail is to call Air Texas for San Antonio HVAC maintenance services. We also cater to clients in and around Cibolo, Schertz, Live Oak, Converse and Selma. For any more information call Mark / Harrison at (210) 602-7181. You also have the option to contact us via this Online Form.